Well, Happy New Year to all my peeps who didn’t see my last post. And if you did, well, I’m sayin’ it again. 😀
I know this type of pst isn’t really a regular thing on Fashionably, Ashleigh, but I’ve been really thinking lately about breaking out of the mold of just fashion blogging and maybe including some other topics as well.
For all my office gals out there, you know how dreary and dull an office space can be. Four walls, brown furniture, white paper: recipe for beat your brains out boring.
However, recently Quill.com sent me some beautiful office supplies by Cynthia Rowley that will help me demonstrate exactly what you need to be creative and inspired.
1. INSPIRATION – You can’t be inspired without inspiration. Duh. But, what kind you ask? Well, for me, I love to have a new quote everyday that both inspires and encourages. I haven’t actually done this ( yet ) for my office space, but it’s in the works.
2. COLOR – I don’t know about you, but my office is a very dull shade of grey with brown furniture. and it literally saps your energy just to sit there. So, colorful things, even if they are small, make a huge difference. Try starting small with things like a pretty stapler, sticky note collection, or tape dispenser. You can then include notebooks and a letter organizer.
3. ORGANIZATION – If there’s one thing I’ve learned at my job, is that I have to have things organized. And being organized means I get the work done more efficiently and I make less mistakes. It also alleviates a lot of stress. I love the pencil case and paper box. After taking out the paper, you can use it for so many things.
4. SERENITY – Having a peaceful office means having a productive one. Stress is the enemy of efficiency. Organization plays into this, but taking it a step further, have a candle or essential oil sitting on your desk to give off a pleasing and relaxing scent.
5. HUMOR – Work can be super serious and boring, or you can look for the small, funny things along the way. I laugh at myself all the time, simply because I make the weirdest connections with things I read and things in my head. Private jokes are great and if you have an office buddy, be sure to have a few jokes you share with them as well. It really makes the work day go by so much smoother and faster.
I hope these tips were helpful. And be sure to stop by Quill.com and check out their new line of pretty office supplies by Cynthia Rowley. ( Sorry, but Sophies are not included. ) Check out the site and let me know which pattern is your favorite. I’m loving the Gold design.
Thanks so much to Quill.com for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own.